Do I need a work permit to do a Co-op placement?

Non-local students must have a No Objection Letter (NOL) issued by the Hong Kong Immigration Department and an endorsement letter from CUHK in order to take up any study / curriculum-related internship. Meanwhile, you should also pay attention to the following conditions set out by the Immigration Department –

  • The study / curriculum-related internship accounts for one-third of the normal duration of the Programme
  • Employment during the summer months without any limit in relation to working hours and location.